Monday, June 13, 2016

Monday and more madness in the world

Morning,

Turned the radio on when I woke up and discovered more madness. Orlando my thoughts are with you and the families of those injured and killed. So very much crazy in the world. Kai Kaha.

Makes me want to go home. The Sounds seems like a good place to be with so much insanity out there.

I haven't blogged for awhile. I've been busy. Yes, I know, excuses. [Shrugs. Shit happens.]

I'm not in the best of moods these days - it's winter and I truly hate being cold. Having cold feet at work all morning fucks me off completely. I've tried everything and cannot keep my feet warm here. Cold Cat is a nasty and sad Cat.

Spent a good deal of last week working on a secret project. You'll never know what it is. But it was fun, and hopefully I'll get it finished soon. Wanted it finished on Saturday but other shit got in the way. Needless other shit, might I add. But it's done now ... mostly. Still need to do the final parts, but I now have software to facilitate that, so that'll help. If I don't lose what's left of my sanity trying to figure it out, that is. Close call. God I hate when stuff isn't immediately obvious.

I'm teaching at the Women's Centre on Thursday nights. It's good fun and I do enjoy my awesome group. Three more weeks of that and we're finished. Will be teaching at the shop as well from next Wednesday night. So, that'll be a busy mid week for a bit.
Kids won't be pleased, but, I haven't been very nice to be around, so, maybe they will be pleased?

July 22nd is the Psychobyte Launch at Upper Hutt City Library.
Plans for the after party have been canned.
I have the cake made and sitting on my desk at home, waiting for me to figure out how I'm decorating it. No idea at this point.
The weather isn't really good enough to create filigree dragonflies or whatever. Kinda tempted to play with knives and drape fondant ... we'll see.
Have some canvas boards on my desk with little easels - they're waiting for me to create the art required for the launch. Seems wrong to have a book about art and not have art at the launch?

Trying to find motivation to get stuff done. The colder it gets the harder it is. Although it's not cold at home. But after spending all morning freezing my ass off I kinda lack enthusiasm - especially after walking home.

I feel like I wasted my entire weekend working on something I shouldn't have needed to do - but it's done, really it shouldn't piss me off as much as it has. If I was in a better mood I'd look at it as a learning opportunity. But I'm not. I'm freezing. And I had to sit at the PC for a total of 12 hours to achieve what needed to be done. Four hours one day and 8 the next. It's not super comfortable sitting there and resulted in a sore neck.

Pretty much had non-stop headaches for over a week now.
Think stress might be the culprit but there doesn't seem to be anyway of getting rid of either the headaches or the stress.
One day my head will explode ...
It'll be a relief.
Might not please the kids though?







no prizes for guessing how I take my coffee!

I need to go home to Mahau or back to Perth because this winter thing is SHIT.
Preferably home to the Sounds for a few weeks with The Knight ... but I don't know when that'll happen.
Not anytime soon.



I see you...

Blog Archive