Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Put the lime in the coconut

So, today while I was writing, something started to become quite clear. Let me see if I can explain this to you.
Hold on, it'll be fun.

Okay, so, I'm writing what's potentially the last Byte novel. I always thought these would end when Ellie died, but that may not be so. I haven't got to the end of this book yet, anything could happen.
That's not what I was going to tell you.
Bear with ...

I was writing and consulting a floor plan during the scene. It's actually a pretty detailed thing that I created. I'm going to leave it here for you to look at. Because it's kinda fun. This is just one view, I have many, depending on what room I'm focusing on.



That's what I've been using so I don't forget stuff, like what's in the rooms and what the layout is like.
But that's not what I wanted to tell you either.
I know, right?

Getting to the point any second.

Writing this story had turned up a few things that I didn't really know were things.

I didn't, for example, realize how much of a thing dragonflies are or why. Yep, I had no idea. I thought the dragonflies had something to do with Carla, you know, like the Monarchs are to do with Mac?
And, that's part of it.
But I've uncovered a whole different, possibly even sinister (don't know yet) meaning to the dragonflies.
They don't just mean something to Ellie, someone else is involved and it was quite unexpected to me. You might have seen it coming or not.
There's something you don't know, (because psychobyte isn't out yet), and it has something to do with someone who used to be a regular in Ellie's life.

Getting back to writing using the floor plan ... while I was writing a scene a book cropped up. I didn't see it coming, and I don't know what it means yet. I will figure it out. Stunned me a bit when I saw the cover. For the life of me I can't think of anything in that book that ties in with this, like it's trying to show me it does.
Guess I've got some reading to do?
I must've written something that I've forgotten that holds the key to what's happening now.
Oh, that's not twisted at all.

Meanwhile ... TEQUILA.



excerpt:

“We have a photo, it’s date and time stamped. Today, two hours ago.” I showed everyone the image on the screen. It was a photo of the book cover, we’d already seen.

“What’s with the dragonflies?” Kurt poured dark steaming liquid into the four mugs. 

#metabyte


No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive