Tuesday, September 2, 2014

28 days


Later?
Nah, just 28 days. No zombies here.

Yesterday I had a bit of a meltdown over the Writer's Plot Sister Mary-Margaret stories. Today I haven't even looked at them. I wasted two and a half hours on the stories yesterday - that's my time!! I should've spent that time writing but no, I was cleaning up everyone's formatting screw ups just so I could forward the freaking file to my kindle so I can read the freaking stories and write the last chapter.
Guess what?
It's still not done.
I can't forward it with screwy formatting, it'll drive me mental trying to read something that is all over the place like a mad woman's knitting.
In the end ... I walked away from the stories.

There is a reason why I insist on uniform formatting ... it's because ... ready??
I give up my time to host Writer's Plot that means I'm NOT GETTING PAID TO DO THIS!
When things take longer than they should because people decide to ignore (or not check) formatting guidelines it encroaches on my time more than it should and therefore my ability to work. It's time wasted!!
How angry do ya think that makes me??
Times that by about 8 ... you're getting close.
What really pisses me off is that I've gone over and over this stuff before ... I provided detailed notes with a picture of what the paragraph settings etc should look like. Graeme created a template.
I've repeatedly told everyone that the notes for formatting and the template are available with the other notes on the group page - if they don't have hard copies.
It's not fucking rocket science!
As far as I can tell there is no excuse for things to be so damn screwy when they reach me (or whoever sets the challenge).

Also, I haven't been particularly well for the last few days which isn't helping. Asthma isn't much fun. (Nor is spring!)

In other news ...
The Girl Wonder has twice questioned whether or not I am an adult in the last week. To that I say ... it's pretty damn obvious that I am not.
Thank you for noticing.

Had a bit of time shopping and then out for coffee with The Scariest of All Daughters this morning. Always fun. She's quite clever. I had stuff to tell her and she knew already. So that was easy. She also wasn't surprised at all.
All good.




Yes, Sir Knight, I know ... I know, I'm slipping!! But I'm leaving it there.  :)











No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive