Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Never say never?

So true.

Really. It is.

Last year (you may recall) I was super pissed off with Breezy's school - and said I wouldn't be helping out again after giving up a lot of time to do things like dog safety talks, library visit/reading, school patrol - which I did ALL year.
So this afternoon I walk into Breezy's class and find a very frazzled teacher. A teacher I adore. She asked if I could come in and help. Yes I said.
Guess where I'll be Tuesday-Friday mornings?
Yeah, school.
Hopeless.

Meanwhile - today was BUSY. This week has been busy. Good busy. Fun busy mostly.

In August I'll be up in Auckland at a lit festival for 3 days. How awesome is that? I was invited. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :) Have heard it might be 22-24th of August.
Awesome.

I found a review today that I think I had no idea about? Soundbyte.
Nice.

What else?

Oh yeah, I can't count chapters.
We know this.
It's a thing.
Yesterday and today I had to count chapters. Databyte had a couple of big chapters that my editor thought could be split. One into 4 - yesterday, and two others into two - today.
Oh dear.
Took awhile.
Thankfully I know Jayne can count so the Rebel version won't have the issues I had with my version. hahaha
Also had to come up with extra chapter titles - as you all should know by now - that means songs. Songs that work with the chapters.
Yeah nah, not as easy as you'd think.
Done.
Happy.
:)

And ... looks like you'll see my books in at least one store soon. Here in Upper Hutt.
Happy happy!

Now ... to go get ready for a picnic at school tonight. As you can imagine Action Man is not so pleased with that idea. He had a 'challenging' day at work yesterday. Yeah that's code for a fucking dreadful day. Doesn't sound like today was much better. The thought of a picnic is a bit much for him I think.

I am actually writing at the moment. Psychobyte and also a novella. But today the writing has been a tad slow ... and squeezed among other things. Not happy about that.







No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive