Friday, December 20, 2013

It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas

Friday.


Dave's last day on Classic Hits. All a bit weird to be honest. We've already said goodbye to Anna and the kids ... but it's not really goodbye, because, we just can't do that. :)
Massive hugs guys. Enjoy your new adventures.
We'll see you when we see you.
And you better be back here for June 13 - and the release of databyte. :)

On Wednesday night, Superman and I went to see Leonard Cohen. I had some reservations about seeing him, to be honest. The last time I heard any Cohen was at Wonder Woman's funeral. I wasn't sure how I'd cope with the concert. Well, bugger me, the man was amazing. I think he sung all the songs we played at the funeral and I was blown away by how incredible seeing him live was. Not at all depressing. hahaha
But the important thing is Superman had a wonderful night. It was a once in a lifetime experience and we got to do it together. Magic. Just magic.
It was the longest concert I've ever been to, quite frankly Bon Jovi could learn a thing or two from LC. :) When a man in his 70's can perform like he does for 3 hours ... fantastic!
We missed the last train from Wellington so Action Man picked us up. Was a very late night and so worth it.

I only have one gift left to get, and the last minute stupidmarket stuff to acquire before Christmas. YAY. Cannot believe we got this sorted and can hit Queensgate for just one thing tomorrow.
Admins gifts are under the tree waiting for them. Even Superman's gift shopping is done, wrapped and under the tree ... giving Breezy much joy as she tries to figure out what her gifts are. :)

Action Man finishes work today.
Then it will really start to feel like Christmas.

Didn't think I'd be looking forward to it this year. It's been a rough year ... Wonder Woman died in April after a long 9 weeks in Marlborough Hospice. Our boys (The Prodigal son and The Boy Wonder) are both overseas now. Anna and Dave have left Wellington. And you know, just stuff, lot's of sad.
Because good and bad go hand in hand - but it's also been a great year.
People came back into my life that I hadn't seen in a long time (we're talking YEARS).
Two stand out. (They both start with M and they've not met -yet.)
So happy to have Murray and Marian back in my life. Friends make life more fun.
Soundbyte was launched this year at the UH library - an emotional time for me, soundbyte was Wonder Woman's book and she wasn't there to see it released.
This year has been big in lot's of ways.
I only wrote one novel, one novella, and a bunch of short stories this year ... slacking off a bit!
Snakebyte was launched mid year ... it bridges the gap between soundbyte and databyte (release date June 13 2014).
I haven't exactly been that slack, but, it feels like I've been a tad absent.
Anyway, I'm back.
You ready for this?

:)




No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive