Thursday, July 18, 2013

You're exactly where you're supposed to be ...

Think about it.
It's kinda deep.
I think it's also true.

Just recently the subject of time travel came up. It's a concept I love. Always have. The closest we get is crossing the international date line ... which is kinda trippy to be honest.
If you could time travel, if could go back to any point in your life as you are now ... what would that point be and why?

Also ... would you go back to see your earlier self and impart pearls of wisdom ... knowing that doing that would alter your life and you would no longer be the same person you are today? (Therefore you probably wouldn't go back at all ... the loopy shite does ya head in!)

It's not a simple concept.

If you met someone today that blew you away ... would that same person have the same effect years earlier, or is your reaction now dependent on the sum of your life experiences?
Would you be friends with the same people if you met them a year or two earlier than you did?
Tricky huh?

I'm not sure what draws us to people or people to us. Maybe we have little psychic beacons that send out signals?
I do know (because I am old enough to know) that people come into our lives when we most need them but we don't always recognize that need or indeed acknowledge how important the person is.
We should.
Don't leave things unsaid or assume the other person knows how you feel. They don't always! (I know, crazy huh? But people can't generally see inside in your head!)
Tell them.
Be brave.
I learned that the hard way and I won't make that mistake again.
Appreciate the people who are in your life. :)

If I could go back in time ... I wouldn't be sitting at this desk writing this today. Where would I be? I can't answer that, because I haven't been there yet and we know that because I am sitting at this desk writing this today. :)
(Cop out? Hell yes!)

And no, there won't be any time travel in the _byte series. In case you were wondering!
It does my head in, but it's fun. :)

Okay back to work ... I'm away all next week so blogs won't happen. If (big IF) I have time before I leave I'll schedule some posts to keep things ticking over! Can't promise that though. Tomorrow and Saturday are super busy ... Sunday we're off and I might be a wee bit hungover as well!!

If I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be ... then the next year is going to be really interesting. Oh yeah. It is. :)




No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive