Monday, January 14, 2013

Sometimes

Sometimes I get lost.
I do.
Just sometimes though, because mostly I have a pretty good sense of direction and I don't let too many things get in my way.

At the moment I'm spinning in circles. It's a finishing phase. I'm not really a fan.

It's the beginning of the year and I'm finishing things and unable to make plans because there is stuff going on that simply means I cannot make plans... so it feels very much like I'm spinning in circles.

Soundbyte is back with my editor at Rebel.
I just finished the dedication and acknowledgments for soundbyte and sent them to Rebel. (Not easy but done.)
Databyte is with my editor at Rebel. (although I started reading through it again and found some stuff that annoys me, so I'm fixing it regardless.)
Snakebyte is almost done. Just the final bits and pieces to do on that. (It's not a full length novel, it's a novella... yes, that's right one of those annoying in between type things. Not a short story not a novel.)

I don't feel like writing.

I don't feel like doing much of anything, to be honest.

But that has it's own issues... because I don't keep still very well. Okay, okay, I don't do it at all. I need to be active and engaged in something all the time or I drive myself crazy (and everyone around me).

I expect a new story to emerge any minute - it's how my mind works. Stuff that needs processing will be processed on the page and it'll be explosive! (Or it'll add an explosive element to the story or maybe it'll just lie quietly and terrify the fuck out of an unsuspecting reader.)

Now I'm going to go find something to do... might involve taking Romie for another walk.

Romeo the beautiful








No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive