Thursday, September 20, 2012

Weird dream

I woke up this morning thinking I'd cut my right ring finger on a serrated blade. Because I dreamt I had. I felt the blade drag across my finger. I watched as blood oozed from the wound and dripped down my hand.

It was just part of a dream.

Until five minutes ago when I put my hand into the drier to get out the dry laundry from last night, misjudged the opening and sliced my finger on the edge of the drum. Bit different to the dream however, I've cut right through the nail and it was my little finger. Yet another damaged nail bed. And because I usually have fairly long nails... it looks crappy. lol

Also, it's my right hand, cutting that nail back is going to hurt. I'm not quite as good with scissors in my left hand. So, I'm working up to it... yay for a sticking plaster and not dripping blood onto my keyboard.
It's not the first time I've done this. I've noticed that my depth perception is a bit shit. I can't tell how full cups of coffee are when I'm filling them - they look fuller than they are to me, or apparently where the edge of the drum is in relation to my hand when it comes to the drier. Mostly I can walk through doorways without hitting the frame. lol
It's worse after a migraine. I've always had trouble telling where the edge of escalator stairs are or regular stairs if they paint the edge yellow or white... to me it's just a big flat yellow/white surface, imagine my surprise when it's in fact steps?

Yep, the universe is trying to trick me into injuries, sadly, it's winning.

Today's plan: Lunch with the Admins for Admin One's birthday today and some more fun 'editing'. I might be enjoying this too much, it's a lot of fun adding detail and personality to characters. It really is. It's also so much easier than writing the story to start with. :)

Meanwhile - I really need to cut this nail....



No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive