Saturday, September 8, 2012

The end was nigh...


Really... the end was nigh.

I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. One main plot thread resolved, one is being happily cooked by someone 'off screen' and the other main plot looked like it was going to wrap up.

See that.. I said 'saw' and 'looked'.

Because I'm sitting here looking at 100,091 words and none of them are 'The End'. *head desk*

Why?

The new guy.

Yeah. Him. The actor. He did something I didn't expect. Ellie's reactions have been far from predictable. Result = chaos.
Chaos and mayhem at 100k are not ideal.
I'm not impressed.
The goal was to get Databyte finished by last weekend. LAST WEEKEND. But my time was sucked... so this weekend then, seemed like a good compromise.
And it was until HE did what he did and Ellie folded like a deck of cards and I don't get it. I've never seen her do that before. Contrary, yes. Smart mouthed, yes. Malleable, NO.

The upshot is - shuffling him back off to LA didn't work. He happens to be quite clever and also rather determined. He made use of a situation that Ellie created to solve two big problems -  and he spun it to suit himself. And what he wanted was to stay.

I know the story will work out. Because I do. It always does. But still... I thought it would play out just under the 100k mark and it hasn't and I don't see it happening in the next 5k either.

This new guy, the actor, he's not supposed to be a regular. Not like he seems determined to be anyway. Maybe a regular like Misha Praskovya but not like Mac.
Corralling him is going to be tricky.
Damn tricky.

I want to keep writing tonight, to see where this goes... but I'm tired, so I'll tackle Mr Fisher tomorrow.











No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive