Sunday, July 22, 2012

777 (to be fair, 666 is probably more fun)

The very lovely Margot Kinberg tagged me in a meme... 


And because she is lovely - I thought... why the hell not?  :)


I'm currently working on something old (not borrowed or blue however) and to be honest it's not even that old, just something I never really had time for before and now I do.


So I'm supposed to share 7 sentences form page 7 or page 77 of my current work in progress. This is a mystery set here in Upper Hutt (which itself is a mystery - or a miracle maybe... it's not easy writing about home, in fact setting something here is much harder than setting something overseas.). The main character is a  private investigator, Veronica Tracey.



“Ms Tracey. I’d like to discuss a job.”
Here we go with the mysterious American. I was all ears. Inquisitiveness kindled. I mean, who doesn’t love a good mystery with a sexy accent?
“And you are?”
“Benjamin,” he replied.

From page 7 of Wherefore Art Thou
Now I'm off back to fiddle with this manuscript and do some work on a short end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it story.



2 comments:

Margot Kinberg said...

Cat - Oh, this is great!! I already want to know who this guy is! Thank you so much for sharing your sentences. :-)

Thanks very much also for the kind words *blush*

Cat Connor said...

Thank you for the tag! :-)

I see you...

Blog Archive