Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Books in stores?

Yes this is my second blog post today.

I want to know how keen everyone would be to buy my books from regular brick and mortar stores.

I get a lot of complaints from Kiwi's and Aussies who go into book stores and can't find my books - well, you can't find them, because they're not there. It's quite simple really. The way the paperbacks are printed (and where they are printed) makes it too expensive to get them into book shops.

If Rebel can find a NZ press (that produces good quaility books, like the ones we have now, but at a store friendly wholesale price) and have the books printed in NZ for the NZ and Australian market - then we may well get books on stores down here.

I would like to know how many of you actually buy from mortar stores. Do you want to be able to pick my books off the shelf and not just buy them online?
Obviously, they'll still be available online.

There is also could be the option of having the books purchased online by Kiwis and Australians to be shipped from NZ (and printed here). Which will may or may not make the books cheaper.
I don't see the online ordering as a big deal. We can already order the books at really good prices from www.bookdepository.com and get free shipping. (Even pay in NZD.)

I'm more interested in the books in stores thing.

What say you?


Yes to books in stores?

1 comment:

Adam Leask said...

Personally, I prefer buying hard copies, rather than electronic copies. Yes, I have started to buy quite a few books electronically, but there's nothing better than lining my bookcase a little more.

I see you...

Blog Archive