Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Flesh and Bone

I really like that particular Bon Jovi song.

It is the title of chapter twenty-four in Terrorbyte and it worked beautifully which is why it appeared when I wrote that chapter.

I'm not going to tell you why it's running through my mind tonight - because quite frankly somethings are just none of your business. :-)  (Rude? No, I'm rarely rude but always honest - some people find it hard to tell the difference to them I say - harden the fuck up.)

It's late and hot. Sleep is not really a happening thing in this much humidity. Except of course for Romeo who is snoozing with his fan blasting over him! And the kids who are fast asleep with their fan blowing over them too.

Me, no such luck.

I'm talking to a fellow Listee on G+ and wondering how the universe is going to figure it's way out of the impending mess flowing this way. Usually it does, so I suppose whatever happens has a lesson in it.

I did have some nice surprises over the last twenty-four hours.

I was asked to speak at Upper Hutt City Library during NZ book month. Now, that, is fucking cool!!
How exciting! I am about to be World Famous in Upper Hutt. (I suspect you have to be a kiwi to appreciate that, but whatever.)
And they're making posters, and I can use the super cool tech stuff and show my book trailers and so forth! PLUS - there will be wine and cheese.
It's like they know me.
:-)

I'm really looking forward to this!

Which is nuts - if you know me - because public speaking and me are akin to public speaking and Mac. (Again Terrorbyte reference - I am nothing if not predictable tonight.)

But after talking to the seniors at Heretaunga College and talking to the junior school assembly at Breezy's primary school... I think I can handle adults! Plus, my Admins will be there and my family. :-)

And wine. Did I mention wine?

No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive