Tuesday, October 25, 2011

You're kidding, right?

This morning, Tuesday morning, after two weeks holiday and a long weekend (during which NZ won the world cup) I was so looking forward to silence. SILENCE.
I was up early. Kids were up early. Everyone was ready to leave the house at ten past eight. And leave we did.
On the way to Breezy's school I thought it was odd that there were no kids walking. But then, we were early.

We arrived at school at eight twenty-five. Walked through the open gates and saw a car parked in the grounds.
That ain't right.
Then someone called out, "There is no school today. It's a teacher only day."
Seriously... DIDN'T WE JUST HAVE TWO FULL WEEKS AND ONE DAY OF NO SCHOOL?!!

So, we came home.

Squealer does have school.

Breezy is here annoying the bejesus out of me. Of course she was looking forward to spending the day with her friends as much as I was looking forward to a childless day.

She was busy for a little while -playing with fabric from my sewing box while I made her a sunhat. And singing along to Mama Mia (the movie) while I made her sunhat. And helping me by painting gold paint onto the fabric I painted over the weekend while I tried to do some work but she kept insisting I help her, even though it's quite possible to paint alone... but now she's pretty much just annoying me.

It's a really really good thing that she's so damn cute.
Just sayin'.

Now I have a whiny dog too.

Such is my life at the moment.

Very shortly I shall be reinstating the Interrogation Series - but this time it will be run over on Ellie Conway's blog. Bounce  
(If you don't know who Ellie is, I suggest you read killerbyte, terrorbyte and exacerbyte... she's my main character and the most fun special agent ever.)
The interrogation series will begin later this week... I'll let you know.

I would start today  - but with this non-stop chattering, it's difficult to concentrate plus I still have migraine hangover which makes it hard to think and also makes my eyes blurry. (Stupid mind fog)

The first interrogation was mine.

The second will be a self-published author ULHarper - who I don't know much about, so quite looking forward to that.

I'll round a few more people up later in the week. Pretty sure I can come up with a few fun folk we haven't interrogated before and then let Ellie loose on them. (That's not too mean, right?)
You know me, I like to mix it up a bit. So there will be people you know and people you don't and they won't all be authors.

Now, I'm off to see what the Breezy one is up to....

4 comments:

Janna Qualman said...

Surprises (and changes in plans) like that are the worst!

Hope your migraine fog lifts. Those're no fun either.

Good luck with all your projects!

catconnor said...

Thanks Janna!

Here's hoping today IS a school day!! :)

Karen from Mentor said...

try eating some salted peanuts cat. might help with the fog plus they can be used as projectile missiles if anybody comes too close while you're trying to concentrate. win/win

catconnor said...

Can I swap salted cashews for eating and keep the peanuts as projectiles?
Cashews are yummy... peanuts not so much. :D

I see you...

Blog Archive