Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tripping over my own feet.


This time of day week month year drives me nuts: not always, but today apparently!

I can’t focus – doesn’t matter how hard I try, I can’t do what I want to do, so my mind is fragmenting!

Oh joy.

 I know what it wants, can’t really blame it. Writing is where the joy is. Not so much joy in domestic chores. Okay, there is none. Not a single joy to be found. Doesn’t matter how hard you look… domestic crap is not joyful, it’s necessary.

Having a spoilt brat for a brain is not helpful when dinner needs cooking and laundry folded and dishes done – it’s only real use is to ensure I get writing time, which is does. Sadly my spoilt brat brain doesn’t know when to stop and start behaving like a nice brain.

It’s not like my brain didn’t get in some extremely good writing today, because it did. I know it had fun, I could tell by the crazed giggling. But because writing is like, well, it’s like a drug and my brain is a dirty filthy addict – there is never enough. Never. It always wants more.

I have to feed it.

It might eat me if I don’t.

Oh, the highlights today – being told I made someone cry. (Not by being mean, but by doing what I do and by doing it right. She’d read terrorbyte.)

And being told I have a schoolgirl quality. (Pretty sure, it was intended as a compliment… was followed by ‘…mischievous grin and sparky eyes…’, so, yeah.) – how’s that for much awesomeness??

I know, right!

Also, coffee with Kane – much fun!
We discussed something I’ve been writing, what it is, how it fits and the ramifications of such. He's the only person in the world who knows what's really in Soundbyte. lol

The last twenty-four hours have seen me give away about twenty copies of Torrent: a collection of short_bytes. I could be persuaded to give more away. Let me know if you'd like one. (kindle versions only.)

God the desire to flip someone off right now is strong! Not naming names here, but if you think you need flipping off then go right ahead and take it. You know who you are.

Now, where’s my pencil sharpener? I feel a sharpening coming on.

And as a parting thought: Be careful of your thoughts they may become words at any minute... there's no take-backs or do-overs once they're out there. Just saying.







No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive