Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's MY life...

It’s My life…

Drama Queens need not apply.

Just lately my trusty Admins and I have noticed a disturbing upswing in drama queen bullshit.

Fuc’n cut it out!

Poor little me drama queen crap, is exactly that – crap. Suck it up princesses and move on.

Just so there is no confusion this is my definition of friendship.

A friend is a person who is okay with me being me.

A friend is someone who doesn’t mind hanging out and can cope with my being distracted when I’m working. (Okay, so that’s mostly, deal with it – it ain’t easy living in two worlds, if you were my friend you’d know that.)

A friend has a really good sense of humor. (Because if you can’t laugh at you, how the hell will you cope when I do?) I’m talking humor, not nastiness disguised as humor, actual amusement at the world and how funny life can be. And let me just tell you now – everything that happens has an element of humor, you just have to be willing to see it.

For the occasional time when I’m really fuc’n pissed at someone, a friend actually listens… (No matter who it is that I’m pissed at!) Everyone is allowed to get angry once in a while, we all get over it, IF you let us vent without making the situation bigger than it is and without hijacking it.

BUT what a friend is not allowed to do… is twist whatever I am saying and make it all about them. This is MY moment, so fuc’n deal with it.

Also – friends DO NOT make advances toward your son/daughter or your other friends.

Friends understand how a child’s Asperger’s traits, Anxiety Disorder, ADD, Sensory Processing Disorder - affects the child and YOU. And how fuc’n frustrating it can be at times WITHOUT judging when venting that frustration becomes necessary – a friend sees the situation as what it is – and gets it.

Friends are those people you spend a month with on vacation and still like a whole helluva lot when you come home.

They’re the people you trust most.

The ones who rescue you from a function in NYC when you’ve had too much wine and film your drunken Irish spiel in a hotel elevator and get you SAFELY back to your room while still laughing.

They’re the ones who see your Facebook status and arrive with wine and snacks or text and say they’re coming for coffee.

Friends are there no matter what.

With real friends - you can be honest, you can be you, and you are always safe.

You don’t have to tell friends what you’re like – they know what you’re like, they see you and love you anyway.

Friendship is not gender specific. (I know, right? I have male friends and, no, I do not want to bonk them – never have, never will. It’s not part of the equation. THEY ARE FRIENDS.)

Friendship is a two way street.

And most importantly - It’s not all about you! That’s right, it’s not.

In the last few weeks, it’s become apparent that I’m too old for this shit.

No kidding!

Feel free to add your own definitions!  


3 comments:

Sara J. Henry said...

How about ... a friend is someone who comes and rescues you from Times Square and delivers you back again!?!

Cat Connor said...

Absolutely!!! :)I had the best time with you Sara.
Friends also don't need to live in the same hemisphere either.

Yvonne said...

Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support.
- Anonymous

Thats my take on friendship. Loved the piece.
:)
Yvonne

I see you...

Blog Archive