Sunday, May 15, 2011

Start me up.

It’s Sunday here in New Zealand - we’ve had torrential rain, wind, thunder and now sunshine – welcome to autumn, Wellington style.

I’m currently listening to an eclectic playlist (quite normal for me – if I’m not working.) this one is heavy on the Rolling Stones - they’ve always been a favorite of mine.
This morning I braved Backspace and actually read some of the competition comments – one in particular had me laughing, a lot. I can’t share it, in case someone who doesn’t know I wrote the particular story reads my blog. That would be kinda unfair. The stories are anonymous until judging is final.
(Admittedly, it would be pretty hard NOT to know it’s mine.)
Names were changed to protect the … hell, what was I protecting? My own anonymity, I guess. There is of course one person who knows full well who wrote it – he was there when the story first came into existence. And I bet he’s still laughing.
It’s actually only part of the story.
The rest of it was pulled out and the end re-written – I thought better of gutting someone on a doorstep… I know, not like me – but this was for something other than my own enjoyment. There were two versions originally – one that ended with a gutting, the other with the introduction of water sports. (Take that as you will.) Either way, the story exists as a cathartic entity – my way of dealing with someone unpleasant. It made me laugh. It was only ever meant to amuse me.

My Sharona… now that takes me back, to being smacked in the head at a concert by some retard’s elbow.

Yep, this is eclectic – Over the hills and far away, Gary Moore. Every time I hear it I feel like opening the historic WIP and actually writing a few a pages. Luckily (or not) I never quite manage to hold the enthusiasm past the end of the song.

Oh my, now it’s John Denver… anyone wanna guess which song? (Come on, you should know this… “…I hear her voice in the morning hour she calls me, the radio reminds me of my home far away… Country roads take me home to the place I belong…) And now we’re back with the Rolling Stones – Miss you.

Once this competition is done – I will let the story revert back to what it really is, and slide it back from whence it came.

Let’s finish this with… the Hollies, long cool woman.

And here is the complete play list :

Achy Breaky Heart –Billy Ray
Testify – Lorenza Ponce
Get over it –Eagles
I got you babe – Sonny and Cher
Start me up – Rolling Stones
Love will keep us alive – Eagles
My Sharona – The Knack
Over the hills and far away – Gary Moore
Take me home country road – John Denver
Miss you – Rolling Stones
Long cool woman – Hollies
Lay your love on me – Racey
Baby I’m a want you – Bread
She’s a rainbow – Rolling Stones
Ruby Tuesday – Rolling Stones
Some gave All – Billy Ray
You don’t have to say you love me – Elvis
Always on my mind – Elvis
Superman 14 – Kevin Costner and Modern West
Promised Land – Elvis
Paint in Black – Rolling Stones
Wild Horses – Rolling Stones
Let me be the one – Kevin Costner and Modern West
Casual Girl – Lorenza Ponce


If you haven't quite made it to Sunday yet - have a happy one. :)

No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive