Thursday, July 29, 2010

My fun Thursday

I deemed Breezy well-enough and sent her to kindy this morning. It was starting to look as though she was going to be home for the entire winter. Plus - I had an interview scheduled at ten with a reporter from the Upper Hutt Leader. The very last thing I wanted today was Breezy home, telling us we were talking too loud!

So she went to kindy. She's now lying on the sofa exhausted, pale, and not as well as she looked this morning - or as well as I imagined she looked this morning?

The interview was good. It was even enjoyable. The editor, Rosemary McLennan, was lovely. She also confirmed my theory that we were never taught punctuation in High School. It's true. I used to jokingly say I was away the day we were taught about commas. But in fact we just weren't taught. Good to have that confirmed.

The interview took all morning, and finished with photographs. They weren't horrible, I saw a couple.

It was so very different having someone in front of me conducting an interview instead of doing it at distance. Distance is comfortable... you have time to think, and you can stop and come back to it later. This was immediate and interactive. I liked it. Admittedly was a tad nervous this morning prior to kick-off but was all good.

Now I can say I've done my first newspaper interview and it wasn't scary... although I may change my mind once the newspaper comes out!! :D

3 comments:

Cat Connor said...

Adding my own comment here: Have had confirmation from Rosemary that the pictures are indeed good!! Woot!
I credit this to the clever woman herself.

So nice to meet someone who I have so much in common with.

Stephen Tremp said...

Glad to hear things worked out with the pictures. And thanks for the FB invite.

http://debralschubert.blogspot.com/

Cat Connor said...

Thank you! And it's a pleasure to meet you!

I see you...

Blog Archive