Thursday, July 15, 2010

Life doesn't end when you do

My name is Special Agent Mac Connelly. Mac, will do fine.

I married Ellie Conway, because I loved her from the first day I spoke to her in a chat room. The very first sentence that came from her fingers hooked me.

We had a great life right up until some lunatic broke her heart. I stopped counting after four shots. Or maybe I couldn't count and breath at the same time. It's not like I don't know what happened. I just don't like thinking about it. Even now.

So why am I here? Because I can't leave. The pull for me to stay is strong. Doesn't matter if she moves on.
I can't.
I know everything.
The thing that tormented me the most was not telling her who I really was.
I am Mac.
But she didn't know the whole story, turns out Ellie had a hidden past herself. She didn't so much not tell me, as block it completely so it wasn't an issue.
But I can see what's happening. I am watching it all unfold.

She's not listening.

I'm a memory in a messenger window... a butterfly in a hallway... a ripple in a still waters. Yet all I want to do is reach out and grab her hands.

"Listen to me Ellie!"

"It's all going pear shaped."

I'll find a way to make her listen. I will not let him get her, her life will not end like mine.

My name is Mac Connelly.
I used to live.

No comments:

I see you...

Blog Archive