Saturday, March 27, 2010

Everything I do...

Amazing isn't it? Two blogs in one day!! Don't get used to it - tonight I watched one of my favorite movies of all time. Robin Hood Prince of thieves.
Not only is it one of my favorite movies, but as a child it was my favorite story. (that, Ivanhoe, and also The Three Musketeers.)

But the only movie version of Robin Hood I like, or feel comes close to showing Robin Hood as I've always seen him is Prince of thieves. Kevin Costner makes an awesome hero.
(I can hear Chrissy groaning already but I choose to ignore it as this is about my idea of a hero.)

Watching Costner as Robin of Locksley inspires me to write. It's like going back to the well.

I'm just going to toss this out there - if you haven't read it yet, I'm really really sorry but this is about writing a good hero not about giving away spoilers. So I beg forgiveness and carry on...
When Mac died he left an ENORMOUS gap. Let's face it Ellie is no slouch and men are interested in her. She is however picky. She also has a formidable team - who are picky. I've discovered there is no shortage of heroes coming forward. She's discovered no one measures up any more and Kevin Costner isn't about to ride in and sweep her off her feet. (For that matter, Steven Seagal isn't about to stride in and snap the limbs of anyone who dares mess with her.)
Her safe place fell apart and life will never be like it was.

Something else has changed and I don't think I can tell you exactly what it is.
Now this song - this song reminds me of Mac and Ellie, and life as it was. He was the one, he pulled her from the fire.
I just don't know that anyone else has that kind of strength.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

quite correct-Kevin C is not my type of hero. Thought Alan Rickman as the sheriff was FAR sexier. And obviously the BIG hero in my book is Cpl Willie VC who should be given some darkly sexy and mysterious role in your next book with full kit and large gun!!

Cat Connor said...

I can see the merit in Cpl Willie VC and a large gun. :-)

Alan Rickman was fabulous in Robin Hood (and Diehard), he does good evil.

I see you...

Blog Archive