Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Terrorbyte, killerbyte, we need a series title... oh yeah we do!

Morning y'all,

It's Wednesday morning and pouring with rain.
Oh the joy. But on a bright note, no kindy on Wednesday's so I get more writing time.

For those keeping track I'm over 27K in NaNoWriMo, and expect to finish (50K) by this time next week. Ambitious you say, not really... spent yesterday reading and to my delight (because I don't outline ever) it's all slotted together beautifully. Thought I had a handle on who was causing the mayhem in this story... but it could go one of two directions, maybe there's a third I don't know about yet. Awesome! what's more I write long-hand a lot, so the official word count doesn't include scenes I have yet to type into my word doc. :-)

Meanwhile news:

killerbyte is a finalist in the 2010 EPIC awards. That's pretty freaking exciting stuff.

Terrorbyte received it's first review at Unbound. Which led to a quick email debrief because neither Hagelrat or I can say too much about the actual storyline - for fear of spoilers! I was very impressed with how brilliantly Hagelrat reviewed the book and gave nothing away.
Hats off to you ma'am - you truly rock.

Prior to the awesome review I started my blog tour (which is one stop a week until Christmas, and includes a radio interview closer to Crimble -more details to follow, and this weeks stop/interview will be announced shortly. In the new year we will be back to tour some more!)

Now - here's the thing.
I'm writing a series. (no kidding I hear y'all mutter.) BUT ya see, there is no encompassing series title. I've come up with cool individual titles for the books but have been referring to the series as the Conway series, and quite frankly that sucks.

So here's how you can help: buy my books... hang on... no, thats a great idea, but also if you think of anything suitably geeky - something that works with a series that contains titles like, killerbyte, terrorbyte, exacabyte, satellite/pedabyte, ethernet etc. (I say etc because I can't be limiting myself to six at this stage!)

Then tweet your brilliance to me @catconnor

or leave a comment here

or leave one on Facebook

6 comments:

Hagelrat said...

Aww *blush* I figured it was just the Ellie Comway series? regardless keep writing!

Cat Connor said...

Well it could be, cos that's how I refer to it, but really I think there's a better description out there!

Sara J. Henry said...

Don't know that I've ever heard a series called anything but after the main character ...

Cat Connor said...

Well then mine will be the first. :-)

Fiona Robyn said...

Hello Cat – I hope you don’t mind me dropping by. I’m a British author and a fellow Bookblogs member and my next novel, Thaw, will be published online next year after its physical publication. I wanted to invite you (and your readers) to participate in my Blogsplash - there’s more information at http://www.fionarobyn.com/thawblogsplash.htm. Thanks for listening!

Cat Connor said...

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for the invite!

I see you...

Blog Archive