Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kindergarten

Today was kindy day.

Kindy.

Oh the joy.

I'm rather hoping kindy will curb the imaginary friends who have gotten out of control.

We got home -I made coffee - turned on PC to discover PC wouldn't start up. Went into melt-down recovery mode.

I'm not impressed the fuc'n thing is only a few weeks old. AND I don't want to have to deal with Honey at Noel Lemmings EVER again. (Yes that was his name, I kid you not!)

If worse comes to worse I'll go to Noel Lemmings Lower Hutt and tell them I can't deal with morons and ask them to fix the problem. It's the same company after all.

Meanwhile I'm moving all my photos and files to the external drive again. Can't be trusting something that decided not to start for NO reason!

Now where was I?

Oh that's right, Kindy.

Breezy started slow, preferring playing with me than talking to anyone. And fair enough too. Then this child stomped on her sand castles... I told the child that doing that was mean. Breezy and I built another one. The child edged closer with the stomping feet.

Breezy looked her in the eye and said, "Don't even think about it!"

That was the point at which I realized she'd be just fine on her own at Kindy next week.

From that point on Breezy had a new friend. They played in the sandpit for ages allowing me to back away a bit and sit and watch. Then without so much as a backwards glance they charged off together to play somewhere else! Marvelous.

I dragged Breezy away before home time - while the kids were on the mat. So I could make sure Squealer was on her way to meet us. She had to walk down the road her school is on to The Boy Wonders school then turn the corner, and then turn another corner - about 5 houses along that road is the Kindy. It's in plain sight.

Good thing I did leave early. I spotted Squealer and her specialness walking the wrong way down the street. I'd said turn left on Thackeray street... she turned right. (and insisted she didn't need written instructions, yeah right!)

By the time she heard me calling her and Breezy added special instructions like, "Walk to me, Squealer. Turn around, cross the road..." The Squealer was crying.

She'd been taunted by a bee and gone the wrong way!

God help me.

The Boy wonder commented, as we walked home with him, that Squealer will never be able to go anywhere alone. I think he may be correct.

Guess I'll be walking her to Intermediate next year, even though it's just around the corner. (Yes I sighed!)

Right off to decide on dinner... bacon and eggs I think. That was a bit too easy!

4 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's why I too have an external hard drive!

L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Hagelrat said...

Great that Breezy can stick up for herself and make friends though. Must make up for the Pc a bit?

Sara J. Henry said...

His name can NOT be Honey. Maybe it is pronounced Ho-neh. Or kaybe his name tag actually said Money. Or ... I'm running out of ideas here ...

Cat Connor said...

Sara, it is Honey, I didn't believe it either! And asked him. It's pronounced Honey. (just like bee puke). I figure it was a cruel trick by his parents. :-)

I think I'll be sticking with my external hard drive, Diane! And backing up to flash drives as well... just like I always have. Silly me for thinking a new PC could be trusted.

Hagelrat - I'm so glad Breezy can stick up for herself! She's quite a wee character. :-)

I see you...

Blog Archive