Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday March 21st, 9:36 a.m.


Current mood:working it out

My life suddenly feels like an episode of 24.

The following incidents happened between 8:30 a.m. Friday March 20th and 9:37 a.m. Saturday March 21st.
(For those of you who haven't reached the future yet - hurry the hell up, you tire me with your slackness. And the weather is crisp and fine... heading toward hot and annoying)

Time: drives me crazy. It's unnecessary and a nuisance. I have great difficulty knowing what day it is let alone the time of day. If it's a school day, I have to make careful note of time, so I don't arrive too late to pick the child up. It takes much concentration and is annoying. Especially if I'm writing - time disappears - suddenly it's bedtime and no one has had dinner yet... whoops.

And (yes I too am a rebel, Phil) days like yesterday - with constant interruptions and disruptions make things tricky. I don't like being interrupted when I'm working. Which can be difficult, as I work in the dining room! Because I can't work unless I can see and hear Miss Breezy - yet interruptions and her noise drive me crazy... the alternative is to take myself upstairs and work. Leaving the entire house to a 3 yr old... that ain't gonna happen. She can do quite enough damage when I'm here.

So anyway - there were more than enough interruptions yesterday - and the whole time thing to contend with as well. TIME.

By about 8:30 last night I was exhausted, cranky, sick of time and trying to explain it and tired of stupidity. Yes, stupidity, not mine by the way, but the stupidity of the lowest common denominator. I resent (always have) having to cater for stupidity. If people are truly THAT stupid they have no business trying to function in a big-persons world.

I bitched via text at Kane for a bit... then later about an hour later, he said his night turned to shit. I ordered (I would say suggested he come out for a chat, but I wasn't taking no for an answer) him out the backdoor for a quick cuppa on the deck and a chat.

Funny how the same problem can have different guises. But trolls are trolls no matter what. (And we all have our trolls to bear , karma -wherefore art thou?)

It was a beautiful clear night - and while we chatted about our various annoyances - we saw three shooting stars! Three!! Amazing.
The big pot has moved. I noticed when I stepped out into the dark last night, that the Big pot was further over in the sky. By the time we ventured back indoors, the big pot was slipping toward the Western hills. (It looks nothing like Orion down here, so get over it, it's a big pot)

Midnight - and the wrongs in the world were righted.

I woke at 9 this morning. Which is a minor miracle. I never sleep past seven. I think I may have needed it.

The girls were up - the living room demolished - breakfast not eaten - one child is now in the shower. Living room still a mess. Breezy gets up between 6 and 7 every day. So she was up a fair while before I ventured downstairs. This accounts for the mess.

I checked my mail. Email from my publisher. Email from my editor - we were both perplexed by the same occurrences. Words we'd both corrected keep coming back, in the original - typo form. I have re-saved the file with a new file name, hoping to trick the gremlin who keeps returning spilt/split appraise/apprise, the other weird words that kept popping back up as well - I can't recall them off hand, and I hope to stop the mysterious hyphens!!

It just occurred to me how to fix the time problem.
Monday 2 a.m.

Would be a lot easier to just write 24.

On that note I need to haul the child from the shower, before she wastes all the water - its doubtful whether she's clean or not... she hasn't had her pill yet, so is probably standing under the running water clueless as to what she should be doing.

Goodbye hot water - I had hoped I'd wallow under your warmth....







Currently listening:
Bounce
By Bon Jovi
Release date: 2002-10-08

2 comments:

Indra said...

Hello..
My name is Indra
Nice to meet u
By :
http://palembang-musi.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It's me again. I started reading this one really early the morning before. I'd reached that point when your eyes blur bringing text in and out of perspective. It seemed like a good time to call it a night. Having finished it tonight, I have to say that it made me laugh. It seems to me that you have a sarcastic sense of humor. Or maybe I'm totally off base. Either way I enjoyed reading it.

Steve Denton

I see you...

Blog Archive